Capital Automotive Group teamed up with the Carolina Hurricanes along with the Carolinas Collision Centers to host a Hurricane Harvey Relief drive at the PNC Arena. In addition, Capital Automotive will receive donations. After the drive, employees from Capital Ford Raleigh will pick up all the donations from the PNC Arena and deliver the items to organizations that are assisting those affected by the storm in Texas.
*Donations will be accepted until September 8 at any Capital Automotive Group location in the triangle during store hours, and the PNC Arena from 10 AM - 6 PM
To aid with the relief drive, Hurricanes President Don Waddell will help receive donations at PNC Arena from 11 A.M. - 12 P.M. on Thursday, followed by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ron Francis from 12 P.M. - 1 P.M. In addition, on Tuesday Sept. 5, Hurricanes goalie Scott Darling will assist with the relief drive from 1 P.M - 2 P.M.
Fans are encouraged to help with the relief efforts by donating:
- Gift cards to national big box stores (Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Cases of bottled water and sports drinks
- Paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, etc.
- Baby items, including diapers, wipes, etc.
- Non-perishable dry and canned goods
- Bleach, Lysol, Clorox wipes, etc.
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, feminine products, deodorant
- Pet supplies, including dog and cat food
- New pillow, sheets, and towels
- Plastic storage bins
No used clothing will be accepted.